Thursday, October 14, 2010

All Together Now

I kid you not. This is a true story.

I'm on the train coming home from work, and due to a police investigation in Brooklyn, my F train is rerouted over the D line. So I turn to the guy next to me and ask if the train goes to Flatbush Ave. He says that he doesn't know.

He's wearing braces.

I turn to the woman across from me and ask her. She smiles and says, no it doesn't.

She's wearing braces. Ceramic ones like mine.

The guy standing next to me says not to worry, I can get off at the next stop and transfer for a train that will take me there.

He's wearing braces too.

Good God, everyone's doin' it! I almost held out my arms and exclaimed "My People!" just like Evita Peron. I might have to sing my own song: "Don't Cry for Me Orthodontia!"

No comments:

Post a Comment