Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

October was an insane month, workwise. Was working trade shows most weekends and there never seemed to be a moment to rest. When I had downtime, sitting on my couch, watching Seinfeld reruns was pretty darn close to heaven.

At the last trade show, on the very last day, at the very last moment of the show, there was a lovely woman that came by our booth. "How long have you had your braces?" she asked. I was a bit taken aback, because it's rare for anyone to ask me about them point blank--especially strangers. And though I find it surprising, my curiosity is piqued by why they would ask.

"14 months," I told her. She smiled broadly and said, "I just got mine off." I looked at her, less pleadingly than I might have a few months ago and said, "Tell me it's worth it!"

"It is," she said, "oh, it is." She then proceeded to tell me a story of bone implants, tooth implants, three years in braces and Invisalign for the rest of her life. But she never lost her smiling demeanor and reiterated over and over how worth it the process was. But she didn't need to tell me. Her wide, sincere, beautiful smile was all the proof I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment