Tuesday, February 8, 2011

38 Special

So.

Another birthday has come and gone and that leaves me at 38. People scoff and tell me it's not old. And yet, Andy Pettitte announced his retirement from the Yankees this week. At age 38.

I had a good birthday. I went to a yoga class that was wonderfully challenging. I had brunch with Katina and Alicia and could eat salad for the first time in months. (Hurrah!) I had afternoon "tea" consisting of a pizza with Kristin and her beautiful new dachshund George. (Whom I affectionately have dubbed "Chicken Wing.") She outfitted me in a hot, black lace dress and we went to the French Culinary Institute for dinner with a bunch of friends. I am still dreaming of the chocolate hazelnut cake with earl grey tea ice cream. That was the best part of the whole five course meal. (That, and the free glass of Moscato d'Asti as a gift from the waiter!) Here, have a look:

Fish Course:

Lobster Course:

Digestive Course--the best vanilla poached pears with arugula and goat cheese sorbet.

Duck Course:

Happy birthday, of course!
(It was a hazelnut gianduja cake with earl grey tea ice cream. C'etait parfait!)

Thanks to Brad for being the official cruise photographer! And for everyone who made me feel so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment