Thursday, March 3, 2011

Toofs!

One of my favorite books of all time is Bitter With Baggage Seeks Same

which cracks me up every time I open up the pages. The book may have come out in 2003, but it just never gets old! It's a book of tableaus which follow the adventures of fuzzy toy chicks and their (rather dark) adventures. Dollhouse furniture, candy and craft supplies are used to create the scenes, and the captions are so devilishly biting, that you can't help but go, "Oh, snap!"

I've read other books of the genre (Desperate Cupcakes is a lot of fun, my fellow foodies) and I've been waiting for a such a book to come along about teeth so I could blog about it.

Imagine my joy when I found out about My Milk Toof!


The book will be in stores on March 23rd, but I got an early copy and I'm so excited! The book tells the story of the really sweet adventures of Ickle and Lardee, teeth who were lost at childhood, cared for by the tooth fairy and now have found their way home to their original owner to play and live and stay. (I love the part where, tucked into a comfy bed after his first day back home, Ickle asks, "Can you leave the door open? Just a little? Do you need me to pay rent? Can we eat waffles for breakfast?" Oh yes! Waffles! My teeth want those too!

I had no idea that the book was attached to the My Milk Toof blog, which is so completely adorable, that me and my tooth obsession can't believe that we haven't seen it sooner. I can only imagine the day when my own teeth, shackles thrown off, can seem as cool and relaxed as this:


Hey, the braces are due to come off in August, so I just might be able to join these little toofs at the pool!

Inhae Lee, I think your stuff is awesome! (Dare I say toothsome?) I bow to your incredibly creativity and attention to detail. How's this for a new adventure for Ickle and Lardee: whatever would they do if they encounter braces? I can't wait to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment