Tuesday, September 20, 2011

25

25 months. We are officially over two years.

Dang.

The ortho was once again frustrated at how slowly that back molar is moving (as am I). I imagine he thought he was being reassuring when he said that "Cosmetically your teeth are straightened and done. It's just your bite that needs work." The only problem is that I never went into this process wanting cosmetic changes. They were a nice side effect, but it's the correctness of the bite that was always my first priority. He put a stronger wire on my bottom teeth this time in an effort to "move your molars in and underneath your top teeth." Do they hurt? Um, yeah.

He said that the outermost limit that these braces will still be on will be six months, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I suppose I should pluck up courage at the fact that he has never been definitive about time before, and that he has given me a true timeframe. But it's little consolation when I cannot feel true faith in his estimations. I still feel just as shackled by these braces as I did over two years ago.

And yet. I was getting off an elevator today, and as I left the man in the elevator said, "Thank you for your big smile, " and then as he left, he turned and cut me a look, and in a surprisingly flirty way exclaimed, "Showoff!"

Universe, you make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment