Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pie in the Park

It might seem that I'm a little pie obsessed lately. I don't know what's up with that, but maybe it's some sort of locovore movement because it seems that EVERYONE in Brooklyn is reveling in summer pies. Today was the 4th annual Pie in the Park event. You pay your $10 and you have the opportunity to taste all the entries. (Honestly, I think there were about 80) My good friend Alicia entered with two luscious pies and whole contingent of us went to stuff the ballot box. (She made a wonderful lavendar vanilla, honey-infused, honey-sweetened Greek yogurt pie with Morccan biscotti crust. Oh my!) Here have a look:

This won for best presentation:
And this is the lovely Alicia with her equally gorgeous pie:

Even Buster was licking his lips at the idea of pie!:
Here are some of the entries:

Brad had a fork at the ready!:
Dig in everyone!: This is what happens after eating 80 pies...Birds-eye view of perfect pie enjoyment...Ah, the circle of life: I suppose this was the best way to celebrate my one year anniversary with braces. Celebrations seem to be abounding!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary! Getting closer to the finishing line! And, on the pie thought...I made an apricot b lueberry pie yesterday! If I see you this week, I'll save you a slice. As always, your writing ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice page, Kim. And I could only hope that this marks a turning point for Buster and his tireless quest for fame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BG,

    Pies look delicious. Why do I never go to such events?? And, aren't you glad that now, a year down the line, you can eat such a variety of food? A year ago I was not eating anything at all, LOL. Now I eat pretty much what I want, though I do eat less thanks to the obstacles on my teeth.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete