Saturday, August 27, 2011

Come on Irene

I'm hunkered down and waiting for Irene with a full fridge, buckets and pots filled with water and a glass of low country lemonade in my hand. (I owe that recipe to a South Carolinian friend--lemonade, peach schnapps and mint. Yum!)This sums up my morning:


I found this on the Be Better Blog, and it is SO true. Liquor was purchased earlier today. Witty complaining took place. Hurricane party with urban crew started at Thistle Hill Tavern and moved on to the 12th Street bar. Discussions of french press coffee were serious. We compared shopping lists for all the necessary provisions--Roquefort cheese, prosciutto, figs, Lambrusco, and yeast for bread baking.

I love my life. I even love this hurricane.

So Come on Irene! To quote Dexy's Midnight Runners:

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.

Hee!

1 comment:

  1. This blog is truly information giving. I have also started writing blogs recently. Take a look on my blog on Designer Kurtis
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete