Friday, September 24, 2010

CountDOWN

The countdown has begun.

This marks 11 months until the braces come off. I went into my ortho's office bright and early today and he was once again full of positive comments about the way my teeth have been moving. I, on the other hand, have felt that things really haven't been moving in the last 2-3 months, but heck, if he's pleased, then I'm giddy. This time my doctor had the dental assistant do the tightening, and I can't decide if it's a good thing that it hurts so damn much or not. I know that he did something profoundly different, because my molars ache, which they haven't done since we started this process. (And yet, in less than a day, I can already see that my teeth have moved, which is crazy!) The result is that this has once again rendered chewing to the category of Olympic sport.

This is to say I'm not sorry I ordered that extra drink AND had the extra helping of french fries last night at The Clover Club. According to the New York Times, such behavior just makes me American!




No comments:

Post a Comment