Thursday, September 16, 2010

Toto, We Might Be In Kansas

Holy Tornado, Batman!

We've had ourselves a bona fide tornado here in Brooklyn, and my street is covered in uprooted trees and cars that have been abandoned in the middle of the street. Utterly nuts! Here, have a look:


I happened to be in Manhattan at the time, at Barnes and Noble watching the wonderful Patti Lupone dish about her illustrious career and sing four (four!) numbers in support of her new book. When asked why she never peforms "I Dreamed A Dream" Patty said it's "because it's such a sad song, but hey, if you want me to sing it, I'll sing it!" An eager fan produced the libretto, enabling her pianist to accompany her. It was so off the cuff, so genuine that the crowd simply roared with delighted appreciation.

Forget the weather service, there was a tornado of the musical theater kind taking place at Lincoln Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment