Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ah, James Brown

James Brown said, "Hair is the first thing. And teeth the second. Hair and teeth. A man got those two things, he's got it all."

Thanks to Ali and my three hours (!) last night at Astor Place, I've got good hair. I've been told I look very Joan Jett. No complaints there! (Ali knows my not-so-secret joy in looking like a badass.)

And the teeth--well, that's getting there. We're at 7 weeks now. I think about all the things that get accomplished in 7 weeks. They say it takes 6 to form a habit, so I should be used to these suckers by now. Tree shrews apparently have a 7 week gestation period. And according to Joan Matthews Larson, it only takes 7 weeks to get sober. Wrigley Field was built in 7 weeks (in 1914!) and the Yiddish musical comedy classic "Yidl Mitn Fidl" ("Yiddle With a Fiddle") starring Molly Picon was made in 7 weeks in 1935.

So James, if a man's got it all with hair and teeth, what's a woman got with hair and braces?

1 comment:

  1. Growing up, we never called anything "pasta" it was always "macaroni" while "noodles" only appeared in chicken soup. Thank you for the recipe Kim! Sounds completely wild, but totally delicious.

    ReplyDelete