Friday, October 16, 2009

Et tu, Ugly Betty?

It was inevitable, I suppose. When ratings go south, pretty up some broads. Blow out the hair. Get a push up bra. Add some blush and gloss. And for God's sake get rid of those braces.

So yes, it's happening. Ugly Betty is getting her braces off. The Wall Street Journal says so. I can't help but feeling a little betrayed. Betty made braces part of the cultural lexicon, representing us diamonds in the rough. Those of us still in the cocoon. And I'm not ready for her to come out yet! I need some sisterhood here!

The powers that be still can't decide if the braces will be entirely off: the article tells of a rather cruel plot line where Betty finally gets them removed and two steps outside of the orthodontist's office, she trips and hits her teeth, requiring them to be put back on ASAP. (Am I evil because I'm secretly rooting for this?)

Click here for the pic. The corporate giant that is ABC won't let me embed it:


What's funny is that the prettified version of UB kinda looks like me now! Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment