Sunday, October 25, 2009

Habit Forming

It has happened. I think I'm actually used to these things.

They say it takes six weeks to form a habit, so you can call me a late bloomer at 10. My teeth have shifted to a place where I can actually eat real food, and I have been doing so with relish. So much for the 10 pounds I lost when the braces were first put on! My second adjustment appointment came and went, and it just makes me love my orthodontist all the more. He said that he'll put on a stronger wire next time, which makes me wring my hands with glee. Yes! Bring on that tight wire! Makes this process over in one year! I will be invincible, join the circus and be one of those circus acrobats who twirl above the crowd attached by her teeth to a filament affixed to the Big Top. Kinda like this:


Can you imagine crossing Times Square like that in 1932? Faster than the subway!



3 comments:

  1. Flash, as a survivor of braces, I offer you three pieces of advice:

    1) Don't chew blow pops.
    2) Avoid getting punched in the mouth.
    3) Braces come off in seconds with a standard set of wire cutters (and your mother will *never* notice).

    ReplyDelete
  2. BG, I had the same experience this week! :-) I woke up, and my teeth did not hurt. More over, they're suddenly aligned enough for me to chew on either side of my mouth!

    I'm so excited. And I'm also worried about those ten pounds *I* lost in the past two months!

    Funny how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it Eddie! Chewing is SO not overrated!

    ReplyDelete