Monday, October 12, 2009

Coffee Talk

This is how I feel today:

I do love Cafe Grumpy, and usually this little bean logo never fails to make me smirk, (and the decaf cappuccinos are like buttah, as Linda Richmond would say...) but man, I can't take any more shrimps on the barbie. I swear. Nothing at all is going right, so just stop the world, I want to get off.

I am trying to inhabit this:

Our lives, like the ocean, constantly change, and we will naturally face great storms and dreary lulls...An ocean swimmer is loose and flows with the current and moves through the tide. When tossed upside-down in the surf, unable to discern which way is up and which is down, the natural swimmer just lets go, breathing out, and follows the bubbles to the surface.

–Sensei Pat Enkyo O'Hara, from “Like a Dragon in Water,” Tricycle

I am making a great effort to be like swimmer, but honestly, I'm just getting farklepmt in the process. So, talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. (The chick pea is neither chick, nor pea. Discuss.)

At least I've got it better than this little bean. Forget braces--it looks like he has no teeth at all!



1 comment:

  1. You are funny even when you're grumpy!

    Exhale. Deeply. Follow those bubbles. They'll always lead you up to the sunshiny air.

    Thank you again for a great class, yoga buddy! I'm so grateful - it came at such a good time. For you, too, I hope! Keep taking good care of yourself. xox

    ReplyDelete