Thursday, April 29, 2010

Toothy Reviews

I really do believe that the universe is listening, even to small requests.

I ran out of my toothpaste--Desert Essence, fennel flavored, and found myself not wanting to spend another dime on my teeth. Between the Waterpik, the Sonicare, the big tooth brushes, the little tooth brushes, the three kinds of dental floss, and the dental kit I take with me everywhere I go, I'm telling you, I had no idea how expensive braces were going to be AFTER I signed the contract with my orthodontist. I am tapped out. My energy and my $$ want to be elsewhere.

So I think the universe heard my plea for money mercy when I got not one, but two toothpaste samples in the mail, Colgate Maxfresh and Tom's of Maine's Wicked Fresh toothpaste. (That one got itself points for the name alone.) The Maxfresh has these tiny little dissolvable breath freshening squares which deliver a powerful, cooling punch, and I definitely like the taste, but the squares don't really dissolve so well, so I found myself trying to pick these little white things out of my teeth--another tooth task I did not need. I have enough stuff to pick out of my teeth!

The Tom's of Maine Wicked Fresh was a really different experience--I swear, it started out minty, got herby, got sweet and then had a muted mint aftertaste. I've never had the flavor of a toothpaste change so much while in use. It was kind of a neat little sensory tickle. I have to admit that I didn't find anything particularly "wicked" about it--so it was a little misleading. (Maybe I wanted some slap with that tickle?)

Fellow braces wearers, I will tell you hands down the best thing I've bought for my teeth in the last eight and a half months--and it didn't cost me much at all. (I wish I had known about this earlier!) Get yourself a So Fresh flossing toothbrush--in a CHILDREN'S size. This hands down gets out more gunk out and away from braces and caught between teeth. I am never going back to a regular toothbrush. Ever!

1 comment:

  1. BG,

    Reading this post, I ALMOST think it sounds fun to take care of my teeth. Almost. ;-)

    Hope your weekend is treating you well.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete