Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It is my one week anniversary with braces. If one year anniversary gifts should be made of paper, then the one week anniversary gift is indubitably gelato. I went to Grom which is one of my favorite places to go. Yes, it costs an obscene $5 for a teeny cup, but hey, this was certainly cause for celebration. I decided to be really traditional, and I got the vanilla (which was lovely) and the extra dark chocolate which unfortunately had bits of nibs in it, which I couldn't chew. It broke my heart, but I had to throw it away.

My front teeth seem to have settled themselves, but my molars feel like they're made of clay, maleable, unformed. Even if it was comfortable to chew, I imagine that my teeth will turn into food shaped items that I dream about: popcorn, walnuts or pizza slices. Maybe this liquid diet is turning me trippy. Definitely trippy. If my life was a "tribal love rock musical," I could have this as my theme song (to be sung to the tune of "Hair")

Gimme a fruit to bite, to make my teeth feel right
Shining, gleaming, tasty, juicy, chewy
Give me in my hand, PEAR!
Sweet to my incisors!
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy

Pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, pear!
Bite it, Chomp it;
Round as God can grow it, My pear!

("Eclair" could work in this ditty too, but I don't really like those.)

Oh my. I think I've really lost it now.




3 comments:

  1. Selfishly I say keep losing your mind, sister. In the immortal words of Gung Ho, "I like you. You, make me laugh." (Say in Japanese accent.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Weekiversary!

    And you were so prescient! Check out the relationship Julie & Julia has had with publishing: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/24/business/24julia.html?th&emc=th

    But OF COURSE you saw that coming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Jimmy, if I can make YOU laugh, I know I'm doing something right.

    Mick, I am nothing if not savvy when it comes to the ways of the book buying public...

    ReplyDelete