Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yumminess

The way to a Bionic Grin's heart is through her stomach.

Yesterday, I went to my local smoothie/juice man to get some liquid breakfast. I told him about the braces and the fact that they're on for 2 years and he said, "man, that's intense," after seeing what these metal marvels look like. He gave me my very expensive juice for free, and kissed me on both cheeks to wish me a happy holidays.

For lunch I met my friend Francoise for lunch at a bustling Chinese joint, where I had a big bowl of broth and not much else. Frannie asked if she could have my fortune cookie, and I said, sure, if I could have the fortune. No joke, this is what it said: "Good timber does not grow with ease--the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees." That's one smart cookie.

I went to my brother's house for dinner, as I do most Friday nights. My sister-in-law is a phenomenal chef and I always look forward sitting at her lovely table, and eating her wonderful creations. So last night, imagine my gratitude when she made mashed potatoes, a very soft (and delicious) salmon, and a banana bread pudding with chocolate sorbet, all of which was divine, soft, and didn't really need chewing. All delicious and made me feel utterly loved.

This is to say, my friends and family are absolutely yummy. (And a special shout out to Cory--and Mick!--who got me a copy of Kafka's "Metamorphosis and Other Stories" for the holidays! Thank you, thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment