Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catching Up

A lot has happened since the last post. I had a GREAT birthday. A lovely dinner made by my friend Nicole (thanks, Nicole!) on Friday and on Saturday, I had a superfantabulous evening out with friends at Brooklyn Bowl. Yes, they made us wait 2 and half hours for a lane, but we were drinking champagne and beer and eating cupcakes and rock and roll fries:
and having one freakin' good time. (Love you guys! I salute your bowling prowess!)

It's funny, in light of my last posts where I had a bona fide case of the gloomies I was so pleasantly reminded of how easy it is to simply enjoy yourself. For the last few weeks I was hearing that old song in my head telling me to, "forget your troubles, c'mon get happy..." but it can be even so frustratingly depressing when you can't figure out HOW.

I realized the other day, that it's it's not about the HOW, but simply creating the right conditions to let the good stuff happen and the endgame will take care of itself. Just pile the friends together, add liquor and hipster bowling. Honestly, it's the most fun EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment