Thursday, September 3, 2009

Let's Get Visual!

I have just spent the last half hour trying to take a photo of the braces to share with those of you who haven't seen them yet. But quite frankly, it ain't so easy to take a clear photo of one's mouth all by oneself, and after seeing the final product, I realize that I cannot subject y'all to the way my gaping maw looks right now. Let's just wait until these teeth fix themselves a little better. For the first time, I'm actually ashamed. Good lord, why didn't anyone tell me how jacked up my teeth were?

I suppose it should make me feel better, after a realization like this, that I've taken action to remedy the dental situation, but quite frankly, it's rather disheartening.

So instead of looking at my gaping maw, look at this guy's:

(Sorry, Kira, I really did try to embed the video, but to no avail!)

At least he had the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor braces thing going on, which is totally fun, but sheesh. If this is what I have to look forward to, I'll shut my trap with the complaining right now.

But! To rescue us all from a fate worse than a depressing posting, I'll put a lovely photo that I took here instead. I like the idea of posting photos that make this Bionic Grin, well, grin, so here we go:


I took this picture when visiting the Canadian Rockies a few years ago, and it's kinda how I feel right now--a little misty, but very clear about the situation, just like the water. And if you look where the land meets its reflection on the right side, it almost looks like it forms an arrow, pointing me forward, and urging me to simply move ahead.

Onward ho!


No comments:

Post a Comment