Monday, September 7, 2009

Margaritas and Fashionistas

I'm sitting here sucking on chocolate chips, which I think is probably bad for the braces, but it's good for the soul, so who cares?

This is what made the Bionic Grin smile this Labor Day weekend:

I went to Fonda and enjoyed more than my fill of margaritas which made me forget all about my teeth. (It was a triumphant moment when I realized that I could eat the beans, which were delightful and the sauce on the enchiladas suisas made me absolutely swoon.) Apparently it's the place to be--even Nicole Miller was there trying out the vittles. Ah, Fashion week hipness! Thy name is Brooklyn? (Who knew?)

Here's the other highlight of the weekend:


I visited with two week old Zack, and his sweet mom, Ella. As you can see, Zack knows it's Fashion Week. Look at the outfit! The ennui on his face! Models can be so trying, can't they? And Anna Wintour? Whatever shall he do about her? Maybe he should just let the fashionistas fend for themselves this year, and just take a nap instead...

3 comments:

  1. My son's quite handsome, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...found you through Archwired. Good to see that another "30 something" (I'm 38!!) has taken the plunge and got braces. I got mine on Monday...feeling a little silly but pretty pain free so far. Nice blog...looks stylish
    Best wishes
    Becs (aged 38, happily married, two children, lives in Southern England) Will read more of you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing, Becs! Congratulations to you on your braces! I'm still getting used to mine at almost 4 weeks, but hey, it's about the journey, not the destination, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete