Sunday, September 13, 2009

"I'm a model, you know what I mean..."

Maybe it was all of my fashion week postings that made it happen, but I got invited to an actual fashion show at Bryant Park at the last minute by one of my friends. On Friday, I went to the Twinkle By Wenlan show, and it was delightful. Lovely clothes, and a nice low-key crowd. (Alex McCord from The Real Housewives of NYC was there, but if my friend hadn't pointed her out, I wouldn't have known who she was. I don't watch the show!) I was rather amazed by how chill it was--I had expected that there would be fashionistas with 'tude, judging my obviously un-couture duds, but I felt every bit as fashionable in my H&M outfit as the other ladies in the runway's front row. I took some photos, and I love this one:

I love seeing all the photographers in the background. I was struck by just how many people are employed by one 10 minute long fashion show. There were at least 20 models, the photographers, the editors, the security, the stylists, the makeup artists, the hair stylists, the publicists. All for a 10 minute long show!

Here are a few more shots that I liked:

Check out the model in the viewfinder!

Maybe the universe is telling me that despite the feelings expressed in the last few posts, I am pretty sassy in my city. Can I say that braces are on the forefront of fashion? (Oh, what the heck? Tin grins are in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment