Saturday, January 30, 2010

Getting Spicy

So I decided to try following the plan laid out in my last post and indulge my inner teenager. (She should have a name. I mean, you've met my inner mafiosi Vinny, I think my inner teenager should be named something like Taylor, as in Swift...or Hanson. Or! Even better! Bionic Spice! Didn't everyone want to be some sort of Spice Girl at one point or another?) I downloaded some Kelly Clarkson. I said yes to that root beer float when it was offered by a coworker today. I looked at cute boys at an online dating website.

I was amazed at how many men are still there from when I was heavily using dating sites over two years ago. There is a section where they tell you who has checked you out, and the first person it brought up was someone I had gone on 2 dates with about three years ago. I initially had a good time but it ended very badly. (I was downright scared by his behavior, and found myself calling friends at ungodly hours to talk me down off the ledge.) Should I take this as a sign to tread lightly in this territory? Maybe the warning here is that I just need to approach this NOT as a teenager at all, but as the person I am now--someone who's got maturity and self-possession and simply knows what she wants.

I'll consult Bionic Spice and have her tell me what she wants, what she really, really wants, before I make any big decisions. I have a feeling we'll both be on the same page.

Zig-a-zig-AH!

2 comments:

  1. loving he blog--sorry I've been out of touch--was away in Buffalo then back to crazy-busy-ness. love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're liking it Cory! Will miss you terribly this weekend--call me when you're back!

    ReplyDelete